All 29 art Reviews

TriFlame TriFlame

Amazing.

Before reading your comments, I was thinking of fireworks too..If only real-life fireworks were as spectacular.

The colours, as has now become standard with your pieces, are captivating.

Again, the detail, composition, symettry, and pretty much everything else is purely amazing.

I would love to be able to say something bad about it, but words escape me. Top notch work.

Also, we need to get you scouted! The Art Portal system doesn't work :(

EchoRun responds:

Thank you. :D

After any earlier disagreement over colour, I am always very glad when you like the ones I pick. Makes me smile. ^.^

Chaotic Space Chaotic Space

OMGAWESOME

As you probably know, I often try to pick each and every problem with your art out, but, unfortunately today, I can find not one single mistake.

The colours, one of my biggest complaints in previous works of yours, is absolutely perfect.

If that's not enough, the detail is amazing, with a sort of jellyfish effect at some points adding a whole new dimension to it.

If I was forced to find a single fault, I would say that the name doesn't quite reflect the piece.."Chaotic" is often something artists put at the beginning of a title just as an excuse for their bad art.."Oh, well..it's not bad perspective, it's CHAOTIC :S" This piece needs no excuses whatsoever. I feel it's less chaotic and more majestic and exquisite..As you said, it also has a deep sea feel to it.

Please, for the sake of mankind, make it into a wallpaper (1920x1200 please :D)

EchoRun responds:

Thank you. :)

The name got changed on other sites - Crystallised Space instead after it got pointed out that it looks like cracked ice or crystal.

And a wallpaper was made. :)

Colourful Joy Colourful Joy

Too complex.

Whilst it is fairly simple, I think there's still a bit too much detail.

The swirly red thing isn't necessary, and even if you thought it was, it would be better if it was central. The random white vignette on the edges are completely pointless too. If it my piece of art, I would just have that colourful background thing, maybe given a bit more structure with masks (as in, on Flash, not the costume kind)

The image size is a bit much too..The full size is far too big to view properly (and I have a very big screen), and the NG size is too small to see all the detail properly. Try to find a balance between the two.

Candle of Life Candle of Life

Nothing special.

Well...there really isn't much about this that makes it appealing.

Whilst art can be used to express ideas, feelings, etc., the most important thing is that it is aesthetically pleasing. This piece, to me at least, falls at the first hurdle.

I feel it is a bit too divided. It might have been nice to put a bit of red in the green areas, just to mix it up a bit.

Whilst it is abstract, I think it seems too randomly placed to look good. It just looks like you just put shapes anywhere, as opposed to choose the position and shape of them...For example, there is too much negative space in the top left corner.

As for colour, I feel that a more yellow would have been better, as this looks more like lime green than yellow.

It just doesn't do it for me, sorry.

[Review Request Club]

The never-ending secret The never-ending secret

Bad image quality

The concept is quite good, I certainly see where you're coming from, but it still isn't an amazing piece of art.

The grass looks like the same bit repeated a few times, which doesn't look realistic. At least take the time to draw it fully.

There's too much negative space, really..I'm not sure what you could use to fill it, but I think it should be filled.

The quality of the image is pretty bad, and even worse when viewed full-size. the NG Art Portal can accept PNGs, so use them, as they are much higher quality.

Thanks for this review.

Space Core Space Core

Interesting.

The planet/core looks pretty good, it's cool how you've made it look really 3D using so little.

Try experimenting with depth of field a bit..At the moment, there's only 2 or 3 different size shapes in the background. Try putting a variety of sizes.

The thing in the top right just distracts the eye from the focus, and doesn't really bring anything new to the piece. It's just unnecessary.

I don't really like the colours blue and red together..maybe red and yellow or something..

TiberiumCrystalKutu responds:

Hmmm. I see... Anyway... Thanks for this nice review.

Joyful Chaos Joyful Chaos

Nice effect, but the structure is off..

The colours are alright. It has that sorta thermal camera look to it, which is fine, but it needs a bit more structure if you're gonna use that effect.

I think that the bits of red are too small and spread apart too much..You would have been better off with 3 or 4 large patches. There isn't enough blue to make it worthwhile either..

Maybe you should try doing something figurative in that style

TiberiumCrystalKutu responds:

Well, you are right mostly. Thanks for that.

The Eye The Eye

A bit muc..

As with most of your work, it looks much nicer in full size, but it still doesn't look quite as nice as your other pieces, in my opinion. It looks like you got a picture of an eye and just put loads of filters on it. I'm sure you didn't do that, but it just creates that illusion.

The colours are a bit much too..Maybe just stick with 2 or 3 colours, rather than the full spectrum.

I really like the contour line effect though, it's very effective and interesting.

I respect your opinion..

Biological Catastrophe Biological Catastrophe

Epic.

I absolutely love pretty much everything about this. The detail is fantastic, and the colours are really nice. It certainly feels like some form of bacteria..I can imagine it'd be wonderful if you it was animated, but that'd be really hard. It'd be amazing if it was blown up to like 10 foot long and hung on a wall too.

The M shape kinda makes it look like some logo for an evil Bond villain or something.

I'm not gonna give you a full 10/10 because the shape isn't quite symmetrical., which would have been nice.

HeavyTank responds:

Ah, l should've removed the M shape..

Black Desert Black Desert

Nice textures.

As an abstract piece, I don't feel it needs interpretation. It does not represent anything in life, but merely emotions or thoughts.

The thing that strikes me most about this are the textures, both in small size, and full size. This just adds an interesting dimension to it.

The colours used are decent enough, but a little generic and bland.

My only other complaint is that the a lot of it looks like it was done using the spraypaint tool in MSPaint.

HeavyTank responds:

Heh, thanks for your review...and no, l didn't use MS paint.